Small cases can be tricky. Every detail needs to be covered and paralegals are generally the ones responsible. This webinar shows you step-by-step the preparation you need to take using an automobile accident case as a prime example of how to get the intake and prepare the case, get your client ready, medical record prep and making the demand settlement.
Here's just part of what we'll cover:
- The initial meeting with Client
o Completing all the intake forms
- Steps in obtaining information from client re: previous injuries to same part of body
- Contacting the insurance company for responsible party immediately – opening the claim
- How to immediately determine insurance coverage of responsible party
- The Uninsured Motorist Claim
- Resolving property damage as soon as possible.
- Maintaining regular client communication
- Monitoring client medical treatment
- Reviewing medical records
- Making the Demand for Settlement
About Your Speaker:
LaKwanza Dixon is a senior litigation paralegal with the Los Angeles offices of Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt. She has extensive experience in all aspects of personal injury and litigation including legal research, trial prep, trial, drafting, summarizing depositions and responding to pleadings.
March 16, 2016
10:00 - 11:00 am Pacific/12:00 Central/1:00 Eastern
Paralegal Passport: Free
Paralegal Plus: $69.00
Sponsored by the Organization of Legal Professionals. OLP is a California MCLE Multiple Activity Provider. 1 hour CLE.
CLE Eligible - check with your state
CA CLE 1 hour
typically decide whether a program qualifies for MCLE credit in their
jurisdiction 4-8 weeks after the program application is submitted. Some
states and organizations allow credit through reciprocity or
self-submission. View accreditation information for your state. No refunds. May provide a substitute.